Saturday, October 2, 2010

Looking into the state survey

Every year facilities go through a state inspection. The results of the inspection are posted on the state websites and are helpful in finding and comparing nursing homes and assisted living properties. In Texas you can check facilites here

http://facilityquality.dads.state.tx.us/qrs/public/qrs.do?page=home&lang=en&mode=P&dataSet=1 .

If you are unsure about where to go in your state just leave a comment and I will send you the link for your home state.

All facilities must post their results at the facility for you to review. If you are touring a facility you can see the results onsite.

3 comments:

  1. Camille, Thank you for the comment and I am gathering some resoures for you and will email back before Tues eve.
    Have a blessed evening
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting this blog. Altho we have already placed my husband's mom in an Alzheimer's facility, I think this is going to be very informational. I'm also thinking about my own parents down the line. I have not checked out that link yet about the quality control on facilities, but I will. It may answer my question about quality control on Alzheimer's facilities, too? Her facility is in the same complex with an Assisted Living program. She didn't last but about a month in the AL before we had to move her to the Alz. unit. I'd love to get a quality control report on her place. It's beautiful, fairly new and seems to be wonderful - but you just don't get to see what goes on behind the scenes. Thanks! Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, Thank You
    In our lovely state they do report on ALZ type facilities. you can see their rating and last inspection score If it is a new facility you can also see who owns it and do research from there. Just because its pretty does not mean it does not have problems. but, not all places are bad. there are some great ones out there and if you ever wanna share the name of the place feel free to just leave an anony comment. Word of mouth always helps get folks to the right place and steer clear of the wrong. talk to the other family members see what they think do they have the same feelings as yourself or have they had not-so-great experiences? what happened to you happens often. ALs are not equiped or designed for advance ALZ. I am sorry you had to move her I know that had to be hard on you and her. I hope she is doing well there. Blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete